Partner and General Business Marketing Manager, VMware Italy VMware VMware
– Milano, Lombardia VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, This role is responsible for ensuring that all business mobility and VMware Marketing elements help our entire virtualization software. A Channel Ecosystem (distributors, aggregators, pioneer in the use of channel Partners, OEM, Technological Alliance virtualization and…
Partners, Service Providers), VMware Partner sales team and GB Sales team achieve their sales objectives. This role is part of the Italian marketing team reporting to the country marketing manager.
The Partner and General Business Marketing Manager is responsible for working one-on-one with the VMware’s managed partners, our 3 distributors, our main OEM Alliance Partners and our top Service Providers creating marketing plans, communicating, educating and implementing on-going marketing and sales programs.
The Partner and GB Marketing Manager will work closely with the Channel Manager and with the GB Sales Manager to develop and facilitate the collaboration between the GB sales team and the channel team in order to build effective and productive territorial business plans.
The Partner and General Business Marketing Manager acts as a primary marketing focal point between VMware and the partners and ensures that both VMware and the partners are taking full advantage of all marketing opportunities and partner programs. He/ she will be responsible for directing the overall marketing strategy with the partners. This will include working with partners to develop joint marketing plans, assisting with business planning, managing internal and external communications, joint collaterals, joint marketing programs, partner lead generation programs, and joint events.
* Establishing (quarterly) Marketing Plans for distributors, `managed’ Resellers in conjunction with the local marketing manager and partner business managers
* Establish (quarterly) Marketing Plans with VMware OEM Alliances, top Italian Service Providers and VMware main Technological Alliance Partners
* Implement and execute on agreed partner marketing programs, following budget guidelines and compliance, and provide accurate reporting on results.
* Work closely with the Pan EMEA Partner Marketing team to ensure delivery of worldwide and EMEA partner programs and events at a local level.
* Working with the entire VMware partners ecosystem to directly and indirectly create end user demand and awareness
* Ensure comprehensive and effective use of distributor, regional and alliance marketing funds to achieve set goals and objectives.
* Achieve partner marketing KPIs (Partner Generated Pipeline, VMworld Target, References Target, etc)
* Ownership of control, allocation and tracking of MDF budget
* Develop marketing programs able to generate incremental pipeline in the general business market
* Leverage EMEA/SEMEA portfolio marketing programs to accelerate the adoption of VMware emerging products
* Ownership of all VMware Partner ecosystem communications.
Requirements Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Deep understanding of the Italian IT partner market landscape through management of partner marketing or sales in an IT company. Deep understanding of the Italian mid Market landscape
* Ability to initiate and drive fundamental changes in partner marketing strategies, including expertly analyze business issues, strategize and prioritize key actions and drive to resolution
* Ability to build and manage a consistent and compliant budget. Deep understanding of MDF process
* Ability to implement, execute, adjust and report on partner marketing programs
* Skills and confidence to engage with, communicate and influence large partner organizations at all levels and to act as peer and trusted advisor to senior partner sales management
* Dedication to providing prompt, reliable service and responsiveness
* Must have a solid understanding of marketing programs, events, and promotions and experience in developing lead generation campaigns (e.g., telemarketing, e-mail, seminars, advertising) Education, Training, Experience
* BA Degree or equivalent required
* Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a marketing or sales related job in the technology sector (software industry experience preferred)
* High energy, enthusiasm, initiative and creativity
* Natural attitude to solve problem
* Solid IT marketing experience in a partner environment and in the commercial market required
* Strong Microsoft Office skills required and CRM, MDF & BI tools (SFDC) Personal Profile
* `Make it happen’ attitude, customer focused and a partner advocate!
* Able to multi-task with a well organized and a structured working approach
* Enthusiastic and self supportive with the ability to work independently
* Good team player and strong influencer in a team environment
* Ability to present at different levels within VMware’s partner community.
* Strong problem solving capabilities at strategic and operational levels
* Capable of understanding the company’s strategy and implement it within the context of the local market
* Keen desire to work in a dynamic, innovative environment being able to manage challenging KPIs
* High attention to details and quality