Descrizione del lavoro
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Based from our Italian head office in Milan, the Senior Operations Manager is the regional leader for our last mile delivery, responsible for all aspects of operations, P&L, and team leadership within the region. The role is responsible for managing multiple delivery locations within a region to achieve the volume, quality, and cost goals in the strategic plan. The overriding goal is to maximize customer satisfaction and through this long term shareholder value.
The Senior Operations Manager will lead a team of Operations and Shift managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure that performance objectives are met and building positive employee relations and bench strength for the organization. The successful candidate will continuously improve the efficiency of delivery processes and instill a culture of customer obsession, safety, and best-practice sharing. This role also serves as a thought partner with other internal teams to launch new stations and design new delivery models.
This role reports directly to the Country Director.
- Responsible for management of 3-7 delivery locations, depending on volume and complexity, which operate 24/7.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs) and monitors delivery metrics across 100-500 Delivery Associates.
- Provide innovation in developing long term strategies to ensure that the operating model is flexible and agile to meet future customer demands. Introduce new and innovative ways of managing the delivery network (included but not limited to utilization of different transport models, different delivery network models, new sources and innovative models for workforce planning)
- Responsible for setting operational goals and metrics for up to 10 delivery stations across three shifts over 24/7 operation. With the senior leadership team, will regularly review delivery station performance levels to continuously improve strategies and make both long term and tactical business decisions
- Managing and driving the manpower demand plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives and assist the business to achieve year on year improvements within its operating plan
- Manage a large team (typically the total workforce size from all sources will be over 3,000 people) across multi sites, within a very fast-paced/time-critical and demanding environment. Typically a team will consist of workforce from a variety of sources permanent/temporary and contract labour and the role holder must set the appropriate expectations with his team on managing the workforce in an appropriate, engaging and pro-active manner
- Develops talent – Create, lead, engage with and direct a workforce to drive enhanced performance through our people agenda. This will include at all levels of the business – safety of our people, employee engagement, performance leadership, talent & succession and training & development
- Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better service Amazon customers, reduce cost to serve and improve contribution.
- Set/clarify requirements and expectations for delivery station managers, operation managers & shift managers
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are introduced to the network in the form of standard work and that these are shared and implemented across the locations in the network.
- Working with key business partners such as Transport & Sort, ISP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives
- 10 years plus in the logistics (manufacturing, production or distribution environments) industry, ideally 5 of which would have been at a senior level role managing multi-site locations, including either upsizing or downsizing a business
- The role holder should hold an MBA or have equivalent qualification why or workplace experience
- Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture (helicopter view), the person will also be able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and possess a preparedness to get involved
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment – must have end to end process management experience
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as he/ she will is required to look at and find solutions for a variety of operations problems.
- Excellent communication skills (English written and verbally)
- Proficiency in Italian
- High dependability – be there to manage department – and able to use initiative
- Must be flexible and able to manage a business that can operate 24/7 (including holidays) and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Demonstrate ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors
- Proven ability to improve metrics at a country level.
- Ideally you will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques/six sigma
- Ideally you will have experience of managing 3rd party contract resource arrangements on a large/national scale
JOB ID: 412362