OIS Installation Engineer Varian Medical Systems Varian Medical Systems
Milano, Lombardia Varian Medical Systems (VAR) of Palo Alto, Performs highly visible on-site and remote software California, USA, is installations and upgrades of all Varian Software the world leader in products, which includes troubleshooting and radiation oncology diagnosis as needed. Works with physical and treatments and virtual environments, operating systems, databases software. These and other software and networking technologies.
Reviews scope of work for assigned tasks to ensure all hardware and software components are available. Reviews customer IT infrastructure and project plans to ensure they meet documented installation requirements. Completes all necessary task documentation to meet Varian’s Quality processes and procedures. Maintains customer system inventories using Site Equipment Configuration documentation or equivalent. Keeps current on Varian products and technologies through both internal and external training and certification.
Creates and maintains an account with VCS (Vendor Credentialing System). Teams with project management, local service and hardware installation teams to provide World Class Customer Service.
Demonstrate equipment operation and specifications according to the Customer Acceptance Procedure (CAP). May facilitate training and mentoring of new Installation Representatives. Coordinates other subject matter experts required to assist in performing installation or upgrade activities.
Requires minimum supervision. Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: Position must have full access to VMS client sites to perform the essential functions of this position. Many VMS clients require VMS employees and representatives to meet certain “Vendor Credentialing” requirements before they will be allowed to have access to their sites. Unless prohibited by law, position must meet all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to have full client access, and must continue to meet those requirements during the course of VMS employment in this position. *
* Perform upgrade or system installation team leader duties as assigned on large scale software projects. *
* Input detailed records of installation and upgrade work performed into company information systems to ensure accurate updated customer installation information is available to other VMS functions. *
* Maintain a high degree of professionalism and safety according to VMS guidelines and customer regulations in order to perform activities under the safest working conditions. *
* Report by means of FSR’s, time sheets, expense reports, etc. regularly and in a timely fashion to ensure that accurate company statistical data on customer-oriented activities is available. *
* Complete all required installation documentation that pertains to the job being completed and update all requested and/or required data for tracking purposes as per the applicable Varian’s Quality processes and procedures. *
* Use prescribed problem-resolution escalation procedures and request technical assistance when necessary in a timely manner. *
* Provide feedback on products and documentation to improve installation processes Report by means of FSR’s, time sheets, expense reports, etc. regularly to ensure accurate company statistical data on customer-oriented activities is available. *
* Train, mentor, and advise new and less experienced Installation Representatives in all aspects of the job. Provides feedback on performance of Installation Representatives to incumbents and management. *
* Use prescribed problem-resolution escalation procedures and request technical assistance when necessary in a timely manner.
Job Requirements Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge *
* Sound professional technical experience with system software and excellent debugging skills *
* Highly organized with detailed planning skills *
* Customer focused attitude *
* Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication *
* Fluency in the local language and in English, both written and spoken *
* Certification on Citrix technologies *
* Completion of external VMWare training classes Other Desired Skills and Knowledge *
* Comprehensive knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting of networks Required Certifications and Training *
* Completes Varian LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility. Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only: *
* Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: o Proof of valid identification (photo, driver’s license, SSN) o Criminal background checks o Drug screens o Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus) o Annual TB testing o Healthcare trainings Experience Level with Business Tools *
* Proficient with business tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and time reporting systems. Associate Degree or equivalent experience 3-5 years of directly related and transferrable experience Become part of our team At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work
– every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people’s lives. You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.