Descrizione del lavoro
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
Based from our Italian head office in Milan, Amazon is now looking to hire an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed obsessed Senior Manager Design & Development for Italy.
As a Senior Manager within our new last mile operations in Italy you will play a critical role in the development and leadership of the strategic direction of Amazon in Italy.
This role reports to the Country Director.
- Provide innovation in developing long term strategies to ensure that the Amazon operating model is flexible and agile to meet future customer demands.
- Introduce new and innovative ways of managing the delivery network (included but not limited to utilization of different transport models, different delivery network models, new sources and innovative models for workforce planning)
- Continuous improvement of the Amazon delivery process through transportation systems configuration, defining technology requirements for software and hardware enhancements that improve the customer experience
- Produce plans that will develop the transportation network leveraging technology to manage the costs of the network
- Management of standard work within the IT network in order to ensure optimal operating models are developed and utilised in order to ensure year over year improvements in Amazon operating model.
- Responsible for defining the requirements and managing the on-time completion of the key business deliverables to expand Amazon Operations in the IT.
- Manage the selection of delivery stations, contract leasing, closure or redeployment of delivery stations to agreed operational timeframes and budget
- Manage the start-up of all new delivery stations including engineering the operational flow of the delivery station, leading the deployment of cross functional teams to enable smooth and timely start-up of delivery stations
- Responsible for cross functional program management of the transportation systems engineering design.
- Working with key business partners such as Transport & Sort, ISP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to develop and deliver the operating plan and to secure required support and resources for projects and initiatives
- Leading and motivating a large and diverse team of business specialist, program managers and business analysts.
- 10 years plus in the logistics (manufacturing, production or distribution environments) industry, ideally 5 of which would have been innovating and implementing business improvements
- The role holder should hold an MBA or have equivalent qualification or workplace experience
- Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture (helicopter view), the person will also be able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and possess a preparedness to get involved
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment – must have end to end process management experience
- Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and very strong analytical skill capability as he/ she will is required to look at and find solutions for a variety of operations problems.
- Excellent communication skills (English written and verbally)
- Domain expertise in transportation, a comprehensive understanding of developing transportation software elements and how they interact with one another, local landscape, road infrastructure, local real estate knowledge
- Strong program management background with expertise in project management applications and techniques.
- Competent in supply chain optimization and modeling.
- Ideally you will have experience of lean manufacturing techniques
- Ideally you will have a program management qualification ( Prince or other )
- Ideally you will have a technical background with exposure to SQL and on road software systems
JOB ID: 439851